Thursday, June 2, 2011

mad tracey from margate..


although i'm usually sceptical, sometimes even irritated when it comes to conceptual or modern art, i'm totally into british artist tracey emin. some people call her a pissed-off feminist, but looking at her work carefully makes one realize she's actually a romantic and vulnerable soul..her brutal honesty strikes you right where it's supposed to. since she revealed a retrospective exhibition two weeks ago, the latest vogue uk issue published a collection of her friends and colleagues' thoughts on tracey and her work..and all of this perfectly suits my current 'completely fed up with fashion all around' mood.

5 comments:

Slavica | Pickpocket said...

Ovo mi je skroz zanimljivo! I do not expext to be a mother, but I do expext to die alone! Genijalno...:D

Style With K said...

hi! nice blog! i would like to have new blogger friends! I always follow back = )


kisses from La Mode En Rose = )

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and I love it, I also recently did a post on Tracey Emin. I'm still not 100% sure how I feel about her, but she is a very inspiring woman.
X

Amber said...

Interesting. I've never heard of her, but I'm curious to look more into her and her work now. Thanks for the introduction!

Jessica said...

Hi Sadie! Thank-you for the comment on my blog. This post fits in perfectly with my interests as I love contemporary art and the origniality of Tracy Emin's work. Have you been to the Saatchi Gallery? I also love anything traditionally British or patriotic (minus the Royal Family!) and so I simply adore the third picture down...

Please now follow my blog at: http://wonderfulljessie.blogspot.com

x